Hey guyss! Sarah here, auditioning for @juniortippersofneverland! ~~~
H O W T O: find new music
1) Pandora: Set a random song you really like as you main channel, then bookmark more unique music that you like the sound of. Then keep thumbs up-ing (haha new word) songs in the direction you want to find music in. Like thumbs up the cool indie ones, and more indie songs will come up. Same with alternative and indie pop/ folk.
2) Pandora Follow random playlists of things that interest you. Like i loved the music they played on Jane by Design and now on Pretty Little Liars, so i followed a playlist that posted the soundtrack to the show. Find an artist you like then follow playlists of songs like theirs. I follow a Lana Del Ray playlist and found some good new artists like hers. The same applies with other artists(:
3) YOUtube You can click on random songs suggested in the sidebar to find new music. They sometimes have good ones.
4) Tumblrs A lot of blogs have music playing. Just instead of clicking out of it, give it a try! You never know when you'll find something you like!(:
5) Music blogs Like Pitchfork, and We Are Hunted, they have a lot of up and coming artists. Or you could check the music blog of your local newspaper and find some up and comers in your area! Support the local artists(:
- - - - - - - - Some artists to check out:
-Of Monsters and Men -Jeff the Brotherhood -Marina and the Diamonds -Santigold -We the Kings -Mumford and Sons -A Fine Frenzy -Never Shout Never -M83 -Passion Pit -The Lumineers -Cage the Elephant
Don't be afraid to check out different genres! You never know what you'll like! :)
"Disparate Youth" by: Santigold - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Hello Lovelies! Sarah here, and sorry i haven't made many sets recently, I've just been reading tips on here and in the depths of Tumblr haha. So I was thinking about making a few tips, would anybody even read them? Does anybody even read this? Hm... xx Sarah